As seen in this video:
This is provided ‘as is’. Don’t expect updates to it on any regular timetable. I do give permission for reuse of this, so long as you give proper credit to me as the original creator.
- Allows easy selection of weapons, gear, attachments, launchers, etc, and pulls these from the game configs (ie, it’s not hard-coded). Specifically, it supports selecting: Helmet, goggles, vest, uniform, backpack, primary weapon, secondary weapon, pistol, attachments for primary weapon (rail, suppressor, and optic), and face.
- Allows for easy view distance, overcast, time, and day-of-month adjustment
- Camera auto-focuses on the element of gear that’s being changed, and can be manually set to head, body, backpack, or weapon.
- Thermal vision toggle allows you to check the thermal signatures of gear.
- ‘Randomization’ option allows a random sampling of gear to be loaded.
- ‘Copy’ button copies the current gear items to the clipboard in a format that can be used in a unit’s init line.
- The ‘muzzle device’ feature probably will not work on community addons at the moment, but if you want to fix it, feel free! The muzzle array is dsl_Muzzle but isn’t being used currently, it’s just placing the default suppressors and whatever sticks, sticks!
- The presets button does not function.
- Weapons that are preconfigured to have special items will be overridden by what you’ve selected in the attachment sliders. This is intentional.
Download & Install Info
I have now switched to publishing this via the Steam Workshop. You can find it on the Steam Workshop here for the retail release of Arma 3, and through the in-game browser as well. The same mission can be downloaded in mission-folder format here. If you go that route, you will need to place the dsl_gear_menu folder in your My Documents –> Arma 3 –> Missions directory. Once you’ve loaded the game, go to Editor->Altis->Load, select it, and click ‘Preview’.
March 15th, 2013 – v1 released
March 28th – v1.1 released, with updated copy/display aspects by Bricks
June 21st – v1.2 released, compatibility for the Arma 3 beta.
Oct 22nd – v1.3 released on Steam Workshop for Altis / Arma 3 Release version
Nov 1st – v1.4 released on Steam Workshop, includes fix by Lao Fei Mao for aspect ratio dialog issues.